PROJECT TITLE: Romanian Dual CubeSat Mission. Development of the RoBiSat-1 spacecraft
Coordinator: Institute of Space Science
Period: November 2012 – July 2014
Project director: Mugurel Balan
Description: RoBiSat Mission is part of the QB50 international mission.
Base on the team expertise, the QB50 consortium has selected us to develop 2 of the 50 cubesats involved in QB50.
QB50 mission – multi-point, in-situ, long-duration measurements of key parameters and constituents in the largely unexplored lower thermosphere and ionosphere
The Romanian satellites will carry m-NLP as QB50 science unit.
RoBiSat mission is an inflight demonstrator of a custom design ISL.
Estimated launch date – Q1 2016
- Design and develop a double unit CubeSat type nanosatellite capable to operate for at least three months on a 320 Km, 79 degree inclination Low Earth Orbit (LEO).
- Design, develop and integrate the required critical BUS subsystems capable to operate within QB50 mission/system requirements.
- Develop a inter satellite radio communication module capable of ensure an inter satellite link (ISL) with ranging capability.
- Design and built a payload interface board in order to integrate the QB50 scientific payload.
- Resources for design and manufacturing
- System Requirements
- BUS subsystem
- EMI Assembly integration and testing
- Project Management
Contributions to the STAR programme objectives:
- RoBiSat-1 project is aligned with national strategy of fly hardware.
- The ISL module represent a critical subsystem in case of formation flying missions.
- RoBiSat-1 project involves local suppliers and third parties which develop products for space applications.