PROJECT TITLE: ADvanced COmposite Structure for SPacecraft Applications — ADCOSSPA
Coordinator: National Research and Development Institute for Gas Turbines COMOTI
Partners: National Research and Development Institute for Electrical Engineering ICPE-CA
Period: 19 Noimebrie 2012 – 20 Noiembrie 2015
Project director: Dr. Eng. Raluca Voicu
Project team: –
Description: Hosting a payload straight up to escape Earth’s gravity requires a phenomenal expenditure of energy, and every gram saved in either launch vehicle or payload weight translates to lower overall costs of the mission.
Project goal: satellite electronic housing
- Design (reference geometry) CAD models and Specific Requirements for the space structure: micro-satellite electronic housing
- Materials selection composite materials (CFRP) and Structural Design assessment: stress analysis-FEA and experimental tests assessement
- Manufacturing of the lightweight space structure using autoclave technology: experimental model
- Testing lightweight experimental model: composite micro-satellite electronic housing
Contributions to the STAR programme objectives:
- Development of lightweigh and „strong” innovative composite structure applicable in space.
- The project achievement results in achieving expertise in space field and increase capacity of both project partners research entities to participate to ESA operational programs.